The Greek Council for Refugees (GCR) is a non-governmental organisation that provides legal assistance and support to persons in need of international protection.
As well as operating on the Greek mainland, GCR also offers assistance on the Greek islands of Lesvos, Kos, Leros, Samos, Chios, and Rhodes.
GCR provides free of charge legal counseling and legal aid in connection with the asylum procedure. This includes:
- Information on the asylum procedure, relevant rights and obligations;
- Assistance in accessing the asylum procedure and making an asylum claim;
- A representative being present during your interview with the asylum authorities;
- A review of your written statements and/or counseling prior to your interview;
- Assistance in appealing negative decisions, help in the follow-up after the asylum procedure and handling of problems that arise during the procedure;
- Assistance with restarting an asylum procedure that has been interrupted;
- Assistance with maintaining the status initially decided upon, and challenging detentions before competent authorities;
- Legal counseling on integration issues.
How to get help from Greek Council for Refugees:
- Send an email to [email protected];
- Call +30 210 3800990-1.