Advocates Abroad is a non-governmental organization providing legal aid free of charge to all asylum seekers in need.
Advocates Abroad operates in Greece, Turkey and online.
Advocates Abroad provides:
- Answers to online requests for legal assistance from all over Europe, Turkey, and the Middle East (including Syria) through their Remote Advocates team;
- Individualized interview preparation packets through the Research Advocates team;
- Legal assistance, registration assistance, appeals assistance, interview preparation assistance (in particular documenting human rights violations) in and around detention centers, refugee camps and reception centers on the Greek islands and mainland Greece.
Teams of Advocates Abroad are based in Thessaloniki, Athens, and on Samos, Chios, Lesvos, Chios and occasionally on Leros.
Field and remote teams work together with locally licensed attorneys. Online advice is provided through qualified attorneys.
To get help from Advocates Abroad:
- For case requests: Send all documentation available, specific legal needs, contact details and a brief background to the email address [email protected]. Any language is fine, but all the previous documentation should be included to receive assistance;
- For volunteers: Contact [email protected];
- Visit the website: www.advocatesabroad.org or the Facebook page www.facebook.com/advocatesabroad (but never send confidential information through Facebook).